The purpose of this statement is to disclose how and what information is collected and collated from visitors to the Residential Reports website and during the course of booking an inspection with our company online or via email, fax or telephone. This policy was last updated on the 15th April 2014. Residential Reports reserves the right to amend this document at any time.
Residential Reports recognises and values our clients’ privacy and assures you that all information collected, used and stored via this website or on our internal database and paper based files will be protected and done so lawfully. We collect information about you for a number of reasons. They are as follows:
- To process an inspection booking. We collect this information with the customer’s consent and awareness, so we can undertake their request for an inspection to take place.
- To monitor how many visitors access residentialreports.com.au in a certain timeframe, and;
- To provide you, the customer, with the best possible service. By collating and collecting information from visitors to our website, we are able to assess how customers are using our online facility and where we can improve this service.
There are several types of information collected by Residential Reports, they include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Personal information (name, address, phone number, credit card details etc.): This information is only collected when willingly provided by a customer lodging an inspection request on our website or with our company via email, fax, mail or verbally. All information, including credit card details will remain secure. Credit card details are destroyed upon confirmation of payment received. The Client Guarantee form that is filled out for the purposes of a deferred payment booking remain secure on our premises at all times and this information is only used by our company in the event of a default in settling the deferred payment invoice.
- Information collected through ‘cookies’ and other technological means: This is information collected by us whenever you visit our website. ‘Cookies’ help us determine at what time you are accessing our website, as well as what web browser you are using, and so our site will adapt to suit your preferred browser. It also helps us monitor the behaviour patterns of our users.
- Other information: this includes any data that we collect which cannot identify you directly as an individual. These include IP addresses, web browsers, search terms and domain names.
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us on (02) 6288 0402. If you have any questions or comments regarding your privacy or this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.